I learned there is a Bank of America ATM on the LIRR level at Penn Station - just as you walk out of the ACE subway entrance. Nice! Saved me having to walk out of the station to get cash.
I read the New York Times print edition on the train and jotted notes for potential blog ideas (which itself is an idea from a blogging tips blog I read).
- There was an article "Social Networks Spread Iranian Defiance Online" about Twitter. It was interesting, but I was surprised by the quality of reporting - basically a compilation/re-hash of several users' tweets. Hrm.
- "Study finds instruction in art lags in 8th grade" ... another article. I'm not sure I could identify a Renaissance painting or half note, but I probably was able to in 8th grade.
- Wrote down this URL: globalchange.gov/usimpacts.
- Read about the Math Midway, which was part of the World Science Festival street fair thing.
- Read about a play I'd like to see "Someone in Florida Loves Me," in NYC through June 28. At $15/ticket not a bad deal. I'm starting to value being in a culture- and theater-filled place a bit more.