Moving on. A recap of recent days:
- On Friday after work Shawn and I raced to MoMA for the Target free Fridays, after 4:30 the normally $20 entrance fee is waived (or perhaps paid by Target? That is unclear). What is also unclear is WHY Target would sponsor something in the city where there are no Targets (same logic behind advertising in Times Square I guess). Maybe just for the tourists? Anyway, the museum was as expected. Very crowded but got to see some "important art." There were some pieces I liked (Picasso's Kitchen), some I didn't get (Pollock) and the every-body-loves-it Starry Night. Overall not a bad (free) date, although we both were glad we hadn't paid the $20. We're closing in on having seen all the museums we want to see ... maybe two or three left on the list!
- Yesterday after the gym I went to Old Navy to spend the blood donation gift cards, and I got a new pair of shorts in a size I haven't worn in years. That was pretty exciting. I also got a cover up dress for the cruise and some layering tanks (on sale for $5 each ... can't lose). A negative to weight loss has been that my wedding ring is now a little big, so I'm worried about losing it and rarely wear my engagement ring at all. When I do I'm hyper vigilant, checking it every 5 seconds -- or wear the rings on my middle finger, which is slightly bigger although looks really weird with a ring on it. My ring finger knuckle is big enough to keep the rings on, but they still slip and slide and scare me!
- After lunch on Saturday, Shawn and I walked to the Hudson River and read/crocheted/juggled for a few hours. The grass was really plush, and having the water right there is just spectacular.
- We watched "It's Complicated" while we did our laundry last night. I thought it was really good, and I'm a sucker for romance of any kind.
- Today has been church (new baby baptism made me tear up!), lunch at Silver Spurs and lounging after the gym. I also paid some bills, applied (probably fruitlessly) to some more job postings and, clearly, created some blog posts! Shawn is working away, reading and computing at the table. High level stuff, don't you know?