A post today on Productivity 501 has got me thinking - what are five simple things that I like? And to be honest, this is kind of hard. Not because I want expensive, extravagant or luxury things (give me a bedbug-free life and I'd think I was a queen), but because I am so negative these days. Like wading through murk of my own making - or something like that.
1. Webcamming with Owen - did this last night and we had fun stealing each other's noses through the Internet. He was too cute eating his cookies - but he couldn't share, since I'm "just on the computer, silly."
2. In the spirit of Valentine's, a smooch from Dr. Walker (and we're talking my husband, not my undergrad English professor who gave me the only B of my OSU career - let's talk irony - but that's another post entirely)
3. A completed crochet project. There is nothing more satisfying than finishing a blanket, especially for a baby, and knowing all the time, love and energy that went into it.
4. Hot black coffee. I have been remiss and not making myself java lately - and I miss it. The dark bitter taste and smooth richness going down my throat.
5. A piece of white page and a freshly sharpened pencil (or full fountain pen). Sure typing and blogging is fun, but there's something comforting and nostalgic about writing in long hand. I take notes and scribble here and here, but I do still make time to write in a regular journal, although they take me longer to finish each book since I supplement with electronic musings. In fact, I finished a beautiful leather-bound book last week - chronicled just under 3 years of my life and was a Valentine's present from Shawn in 2006. I also love a stack of notebook paper - that gave me a thrill even in high school, trying to write stories or notes to the boyfriend.
So I guess it doesn't take much - and this was a good exercise (and my list is confirmed by the fact that the five things - Owen, Shawn, Crochet, Coffee and Writing - are already tags for posts on this blog). You should make a list of five simple things you like too!
Thanks for your interest in silvermari crochet hats . Most of what I make are sized for infants and toddlers, although I can size up and dow...
Having just survived a big road trip with a 25-month-old I thought I'd share a couple successes for keeping her entertained. It was by n...
I love the app Draw Something. It's the main reason my mom gifted me an iPod touch with the capability to run the app. It's pictiona...
Red Heart acrylic yarn "hot pink" and "spring green" I made this hat as a riff on the pumpkin baby hat crochet patt...