I cooked all day yesterday and a bit today. We had a huge meal, the five of us -- Shawn, Jane, his parents and me. Here was the menu:
- Pineapple cream cheese & pecan cheese ball/dip with crackers
- Pigs in a blanket (li'l smokies wrapped in crescent rolls)
- Honey ham
- Dressing (no turkey, and I made this WAY too dry/used too much cornbread)
- Corn casserole
- Green bean casserole
- Parker house rolls (from scratch -- I think this is the last time for those, even though they are scrumptious)
- Deviled eggs (which FROZE in the top part of the fridge)
- Broccoli, mushroom and onion salad (probably not making again -- it's good, but requires too many herbs so is expensive and is overshadowed by other, traditional comfort foods so we always have too much and have to throw some out)
- Cranberry salad (will never stop making this ... so good)
- Mashed sweet potatoes (I forgot about this and started them too late so we only had them with the leftovers)
- Pumpkin pie
I also made white velvet cutout cookies for the family get together on Saturday. We'll also take the second pan of dressing, although it's not right in any sense of the word. Boo hoo.
Jane opened more presents than necessary. Her favorite was a set of Daniel Tiger figures, and she's played a lot with them already. Precious.